This week, Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced she'd be leaving her post as White House Press Secretary. Sanders has served in this merciless position for the last several years, enduring endless, cruel jabs from the media. She's been made fun of multiple times on Saturday Night Live and was infamously targeted by comedian Michelle Wolfe at the 2018 White House Correspondence Dinner. Misogynistic remarks about her looks and personality surfaced repeatedly in the last two years, something that would have been criticized by feminists were she a liberal woman. Instead, we heard nothing, which showcased a clear bias against conservative women.
- "Her tenure has been fraught by sex, lies and videotape." — CNN analyst April Ryan
- "Good riddance, Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Now the only one you have to lie to is Jesus." — Actor Jim Carrey'
- "I literally and figuratively will not miss her." — MSNBC's Nicole Wallace
- "I'm not sure what job it is she's even leaving." — Jimmy Kimmel
- "I don't want to sound rude or kind of flip, but good riddance." — MSNBC's Mark Miller
- CNN Headline: Sarah Sanders Failed at Almost Every Aspect of the Job
- Washington Post Headline: Sarah Sanders Was the Disdainful Queen of Gaslighting