WASHINGTON, D.C. — Independent Women’s Voice (IWV), Independent Women’s Law Center (IWLC), Women’s Liberation Front (WoLF), Concerned Women for America, Women’s Declaration International, and author Abigail Shrier are calling for legislative adoption of the Women’s Bill of Rights to protect biological sex as a distinct legal category.
If adopted, the Women’s Bill of Rights would legally define the common understanding of the words ‘female,’ ‘woman,’ and ‘sex’ and would codify the Supreme Court’s intermediate scrutiny standard, which forbids unfair discrimination against similarly-situated males and females but allows the law to recognize sex when relevant.
Jennifer C. Braceras, director of Independent Women’s Law Center, said “It is becoming increasingly difficult to speak about women and women’s rights in a common language. We are unveiling this Bill of Rights in order to legally define what it means to be a woman.”
The press call unveiling the Bill of Rights will take place on Thursday, March 31st at 3 p.m. ET.
- Abigail Shrier, author, Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters
- Lauren Adams, legal director of Women’s Liberation Front (WoLF)
- Kara Dansky, president of the U.S. chapter of Women’s Declaration International
- Doreen Denny, senior advisor, Concerned Women for America
- Margaret*, the mother of a female swimmer forced to compete against Lia Thomas
- Jennifer Braceras, director, Independent Women’s Law Center
- Carrie Lukas, vice president, Independent Women’s Voice
WHAT: Press briefing to discuss the Women’s Bill of Rights introduced by IWV, IWLC, & leading women’s rights advocates
* This call is on the record and reportable.
WHEN: Thursday, March 31st at 3:00 p.m. ET
Dial-in information: 888-394-8218
Conference Code: 2603387
For more information or to speak with a press call participant, please contact Meghan Agostinelli at [email protected].
Independent Women’s Voice fights for women by expanding support for policy solutions that aren’t just well intended, but actually enhance freedom, opportunities, and well-being.
Independent Women’s Law Center advocates for equal opportunity, individual liberty, and respect for the American constitutional order.
Women’s Liberation Front works to protect, advance, and restore the rights of women and girls through legal argument, policy advocacy, and public education.