The Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act passed the U.S. House in a 225-206 vote and is going to the Senate. Union bosses, special interest groups, and socialists are working on all fronts to make the PRO Act the law of the land. We must work together to DEFEAT it.
The PRO Act is an assault on freedom and choice in the workplace. It will kill flexible work, destroy independent contractor jobs, and leave millions of freelancers out of work.
Specifically, the PRO Act:
- Proposes sweeping changes to national labor laws
- Repeals and bans right-to-work state laws
- Forces workers to join and financially support unions
- Mandates that employers turn over workers’ personal, private information to union organizers, potentially subjecting workers to harassment retribution, and privacy breaches
- Imposes a version of California’s job-killing law Assembly Bill 5 (AB5) on the entire nation
- Reclassifies millions of independent contractors as employees, which will put them out of work
Today, there are many options for work outside a 9-to-5 job, giving workers the freedom, flexibility, and opportunity to work on their own terms and time. The PRO Act would change all of this and force workers to choose between a one-size-fits-all traditional job… or no work at all.
Many workers who lost jobs during the pandemic found work through independent contracting. The PRO Act would destroy this progress and these jobs.
Contact your U.S. senators TODAY, and urge them to vote NO on the PRO Act.