Health Overhaul Foes Kick It Up • CQ Politics Blog
With Democrats poised to enact something, opposing forces are in full battle gear.
- “We’re trying to go gangbusters this week,” said Carrie Lukas of the conservative Independent Women’s Voice.
- “We’re going to try to make Members profoundly uncomfortable if they were going to vote for it,” said Ryan Ellis of the Americans for Tax Reform.
- “We’re trying to bring the energy level and engagement level of our activists back up to where it was last year,” said Phil Kerpen of Americans for Prosperity.
- The Chamber of Commerce, a powerful opponent of the Democrats’ proposals, sent the President a letter asking him to drop the House and Senate bills in favor of “a fresh approach.”
- “There’s really not a lot of time to reboot before elections,” said Brian Burgess of the Conservatives for Patients’ Rights.
For more, see “Activists Step Up Health Care Fight” by Congress.org’s Ambreen Ali.